Monday, March 03, 2014

Thread Storage

Organizing Thread


How do you keep your thread and bobbins organized?  Mine are usually a mess, so I thought it might be a good idea to find a way to organize them.  I always have to go hunting for the bobbin that matches my spool of thread (not just because my kids have run off with them).  I figured out a couple of easy ways to keep thread and bobbins together to keep them organized.  I love pictures, so get ready for a step by step tutorial in pictures!


The first option is using a rubber band to attach the bobbin to the spool of thread. 

1.) Put the rubber band around the bobbin.

2.) Take the opposite end of the rubber band around the back of the spool.

3.) Bring the bobbin through the loop that came around the back of the spool.

4.) Pull the bobbin through the loop.

5.) Bringing the bobbin through the loop will secure the bobbin to the spool of thread.

Done!

Keep all of your thread organized neatly.  No more spending time looking for the matching thread and bobbin.

My husband and daughter play golf so we have a TON of golf tees laying around.  Let's put those extra tees to good use!  

Insert the tee into the bobbin and then into the spool of thread.

Viola!  A handy dandy organized bobbin and spool of thread!

I hope these ideas for getting your thread and bobbins organized helped you!  Holla back at me and let me know which one you decide to go with.


No comments:

Post a Comment